Saturday 29 July 2023

Zucchini Crostini - vegan

This is a recipe from Süddeutsche Zeitung, Kochquartett by Caroline Autenrieth.



Sommer veggies like zucchini and tomatoes are plenty in the moment. My bowl of freshly harvested tomatoes is not getting empty. The best time to prepare something new. I made the recipe my own way as always.



While it was baking in the oven, I let the ingredients list run through my head again. That was the moment I discovered I made a vegan dish.



Eat it as it us or as a side dish with meat or fish. I ate it as it was and it was delicious.

Recipe for 2 in a medium size oven proof dish:

Tomatoes to cover the bottom of the dish, cut up depending on size

1 large zucchini, 1 large onion, 4 cloves of garlic

Italian bread with olives, olive oil (lots of it)

Salt  pepper, parsley 1/2 tsp veg stock paste, 50 ml water

Preheat the oven 180 C.



Put the tomatoes im the dish, season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil and stick in the oven to give them some time ahead.



Cut the onion in rings and the garlic in slices and sauté them in a wide pan in olive oil. Season. Cut the zucchini in 4 mm discs and add them to the pan. Fry them for 3 min and add water and veg stock paste. Reduce the heat, cover with a lid and cook for 10 min. Add the parsley.



Take the lid off and crank up the heat to reduce the liquid in the pan. Take the dish out of the oven and spread the zucchini mix on top.

Cut the bread in 2 cm tranches and cover the dish. Drizzle with olive oil and stick in the oven for 10 min.




No comments:

Post a Comment