Sunday 9 July 2023

Cold Soba Noodles or Memil-guksu

36 C is not the temperature we are used here in Germany. Enjoying cold Korean noodles is the best choice on days like this.



I needed something fast, because I went to a cooking class in the afternoon. I know from others that food ready to eat comes late that day. But I had a blast there, even with inside temperatures in a glass house with over 40 C. Blogs will follow.



Soba noodles eaten cold with a dipping sauce is very well known in Japan. I love these kind of dishes. From Korea I only knew the cold sweet potato starch noodles in broth and the Bibim guksu - the cold gochujang somen noodles. 



This dish was made by YT Maangchi, whom I follow for many years now. All ingredients on hand - lets go!

Recipe for 1:

150 g Soba noodles - I used the Korean ones

60 g Daikon radish- grated and squeezed 

2 spring onions, 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, 1 sheet Noori, 1 drop Wasabi

1 soft boiled egg

100 ml veg stock ( from homemade veg stock paste), 30 ml Tsuyu or Poke Bowl Sauce



Cook the noodles, wash them in cold water after that to firm up. Pull 1 hand full of them in a ball and set on a Sushi mat on a plate. That way water can still drain. Put green onion and shredded seaweed on top.



Mix the daikon with the other ingredients and most of the green onions in a bowl.


No comments:

Post a Comment