Tuesday 11 July 2023

Focaccia

The rose cooking class afternoon  brought some focaccia. But since we've been 18 people, only some small cubes were available per person. 



The recipe was provided and I decided to bake one today. That showed that I have neglected my dry storage for a while. No regular fresh or dry yeast in the house. Just a unknown package with yeast that does not require resting time of the dough. For a round cake tin.



Let's bake and see how that works out. I needed less flour in total, but had to mix it up. The bread flour was not enough in the container for a full dough.



I used 210 g bread flour 550, 110 g cake flour 405 and 55 g semola - a total of 375 g, 10 g fresh yeast



1 tsp rose salt, 2 tbsp olive oil and 270 ml water

These ingredients went in my Thermomix to be kneaded in a dough. I used a small ceramic baking sheet and put olive oil and a sprinkle of flour on it. I worked the dough with my hands all over the dish. Then I gave it a rest of 20 min covered.



Brushed with olive oil and then decorated with red chard stems, green onions, tomatoes and some fresh herbs. A sprinkle of grated Mozzarella and an other dash of oil and then put in the oven.

Bake at 240 C for 20 min




 

No comments:

Post a Comment