Sunday 2 July 2023

Puff Pastry with savoury Beef filling

Buttery puff pastry, yeah! I found an other NON VEGAN roll of puff pastry. Now I need a filling.



I bought a bag of organic beef mince without any idea what to do with it. Something like a Sausage Roll idea came up. I went all out with the seasoning part of the ground beef. 



Fresh majoram and parsley with dry spices, mustard and caper apples. A bit wild on the first glance. Red Bell Pepper with onion and garlic was not enough for me.



But the mixture went well and I spread it all over the rectangular puff pastry. Next a good amount of cheese on top and then a roll up.



I transfered the long strip to the baking sheet and took a knife to cut one inch pieces to open it. That made it easier to take off slices after baking.



200 C for 25 min.


Ingredients:

250 g ground beef (organic)

275 g puff pastry square

1 red bell pepper

6 caper apples

3 garlic cloves, 1 green onion

Fresh parsley, majoram 

2 tsp whole grain mustard, cayenne pepper, smoked paprika, herbes de Provence, salt, pepper

40 g Bavarian mountain cheese

No comments:

Post a Comment