Wednesday 12 July 2023

Kohlrabi Stew

Not only the cucumbers are overtaking my kitchen, the kohlrabis in my friends garden have reached my kitchen too.



The hot weather of the last couple of weeks helped with the speedy growing of vegetables. I started harvesting even the first tomatoes.



Now I had 4 heads of kohlrabi on the counter. A taste test helped with a quarter of one. 



But I helped myself by buying a package of ground beef and pork today. That formed the base of the stew. Chopped kohlrabi and a hand full of rice with some veg stock made my stew very tasty. I am looking forward to the leftovers too.

Recipe for 3:

400 g ground beef and pork

2 kohlrabi

1 1/4 rice cooker cups rice, 600 ml veg stock

2 onions, 3 garlic cloves, 1 tbsp oil

1 bay leaf, 1 lovage, 1 celery green

1/2 tsp thyme, 1/2 tsp herbes de Provence, 1 tsp smoked paprika, salt and pepper



Start with the meat and sauté it until no longer pink. Add onions and garlic. Cut the kohlrabi in bite size chunks and add it. In with the washed rice too.



Season with salt and pepper. Add the veg stock

Bring to a boil, reduce the heat. Cover and cook for 20 min.



No comments:

Post a Comment