Wednesday 3 July 2024

Swiss Chard with Egg on top

9 plants of colored Swiss Chard are producing a lot of leaves to pick. I am happy, that I only have to eat from these 9 ones. I offered 3 more plants to a neighbor.



Yellow, white, pink and red stems were greeting me behind the house. I took a couple of them with me to the kitchen. After a good wash, I pulled the green part off the stems and chopped the colorful stems.



Adding a green onion to the stems is a good idea. After cooking that for 5 min in some oil, the roughly chopped green parts went in. Salt, pepper and nutmeg followed.



After 3 min a splash of water was good and helped wilting the greens.



I had one broken egg sitting in a small coffee cup. That was left over from the Cloud Cake baking. I stuck it in the microwave covered at 600 watts for 2 min.

That came on top of the Swiss chard.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment