Saturday 21 September 2024

Chicken Pho with Leftovers

Tomorrow I leave for the Green Hell at the Nuerburgring. I have to get the fresh stuff out of my fridge.



Yesterday with my cabbage salad I had some chicken legs with Soy Kalamansi Glaze. I had two pieces and left one for today.



My plant behind the house offered a small aubergine and I had a bell pepper and some green onions in the veggie drawer of my fridge.

Flat rice noodles are enough in a huge package. I just had to take some of them out.



Pho seasoning, check! Chicken stock and veg stock, check!

I cut the aubergine legthwise and put some salt on it. After 10 minutes, I washed it off and dried the aubergine. Cut in bite size chunks it went in a small pan with some sunflower oil to brown a bit. A little salt helped.

The rice noodles only need 8 minutes to soak in a bowl with some hot water.

I had a boiled egg over from breakfast and peeled it to go in the soup too.

I cooked the seasoned stock and cut the meat off the chicken leg. It went in the stock too. Short before serving I tossed the veggies in.

The noodles went cold in a soup bowl and the hot soup went over them. Some sesame seeds as finishing touch and two stalks of Vietnamese coriander, just the leaves.


No comments:

Post a Comment