Tuesday 10 September 2024

Lebanese Nights Dessert or Layali Lubnan

I love a good semolina dessert. This time it is highly flavoured with roses. It is often served during Ramadan.



Watching some FB Reel by iamnotachef and discovered a semolina pudding with rosewater. I am a huge fan and have rosewater, rosesyrup and rose petals at home. 



Lets make a rose festival. I made it my own way - not so sickly sweet. I exchanges the amount of sugar in the semolina pudding with Chunky flavour and a tablespoon of rosesyrup. I added an eggyolk at the end to make the dessert more creamy. An extra dash of rosewater blended in. The rose flavour is present now.



I put the semolina pudding in two separat dishes. I will give on to my neighbor later. They have to cool down first. Otherwise the whipped cream will melt on top.





Next step was preparin a syrup. As the name says, it is mostly sugar and water. Usually lots of white caster sugar. But I choose coconut flower sugar. My syrup is dark, but its a nice contrast. Rosewater and lemon were added.



Chopped pistacchios and some rosebuds for garnish later.

Ingredients for 4:

600 ml whole milk

Pinch of salt

3 g Chunky flavour vanilla

1 tbsp rose syrup

80 g fine wheat semolina

1 egg yolk

Syrup:

150 mk water, 3 tbsp coconut flower sugar

1/2 lemon, 3 slices lemon peel

2 tbsp rosewater

Chopped pistacchios, dried rosebuds



No comments:

Post a Comment