Thursday 12 September 2024

Cole Slaw Asian inspired

A pan full of kraut  - a treat for any German?!



We are called the Krauts, but it is not the number one veggie in most households. Certainly not in mine. 

A whole head of kraut/ cabbage is a lot to prepare and eat in a single household. When I buy some I always look for the smallest ones. But they last at least 3 dishes long and often more.



A small pointed cabbage went in my shopping basket this time and I started cutting from the tip down. It did not take long and I had a lot of shredded cabbage in a colander to wash. Now was the time to decide what to do with it. I made a warm salad.

Ingredients:

250 g shredded cabbage

1 green onion, 2 garlic cloves

1 tbsp olive oil

Smoked salt, pepper, Baharat seasoning, Gochugaru hot pepper flakes

Toasted sesame oil, sesame seeds, Mirin, light soy sauce

White baksamic vinegar 

Fresh coriander


Heat up the olive oil and toss in onions and garlic together with the cabbage. Season eith smoked salt and pepper and cook for 5 min on medium heat. Add the other seasonings in the amount you like best, together with the vinegar.


No comments:

Post a Comment