Saturday 18 December 2021

Lamb Meatballs with Sour Cherry Sauce Aleppo Style

Yesterday my new kitchen was installed. All new appliances are looking great. A huge stack of  user manuals are still waiting to be read. The only thing I checked was the dishwasher manual. I was looking for the on button.



How to use the induction hob should not be a problem, so I thought. Well, I was able to make Espresso with my Bialetti on one side in the morning. Now I used the flex side for my cooking. How to use both sides together, I will figure out soon. Or I will check the user manual, finally.



My BFF was at a Lebanese cooking course several years ago. She brought back a recipe of meatballs in cherry sauce. That were meatballs made from beef mince and a jar of regular cherries. But I still remember that it was a nice dish. 



I watched the second meatball YT video from Beryl Shereshewsky. She made a Syrian recipe from Aleppo.



Meatballs:

400 g lamb mince

2 tbsp breadcrumbs, 2 quail eggs, 4 tbsp water, 5 tbsp chopped parsley

1 small red onion chopped and in a little oil fried, 3 cloves of garlic, oil

1 tsp ground cumin and coriander, 1/2 tsp garam masala, salt and pepper



Sour Cherry Sauce:

200 g sour cherries with juice from a jar

4 tbsp pomegranete syrup

Pinch salt, pepper and cinnamon

Mix the meat together and knead it a couple of minutes. Let it rest 30 min in the fridge.

Form golf ball size meatballs. In a little oil let them get a great brown color.



Dump the sour cherries with juice in a pot. Add the pomegranate syrup and reduce the liquid by half. Season. Use a potato masher and smash the cherries.

I served the meatballs with Turkish bread and a stick of endive.  

No comments:

Post a Comment