Saturday 10 December 2022

Aubergine stuffed with Buffalo Mozzarella and Tomatoes

My last grocery shopping at the local discounter left me with an aubergine for € 0,01. They had an offer when buying groceries for more then € 30, some veg or fruits get a discount down to 1cent. Since I bought my weekly groceries there, I spent around € 52. A bag of 750 g Brussel Sprouts and 1 aubergine got reduced down. Spending € 52 there is a lot for a weekly grocery trip. A year ago I would have spent around € 37 for the same amount.



Now I had an aubergine/eggplant to work with. On an Insta Reel I saw the stuffed aubergine, but made my own version with other ingredients that needed to go.



First part was a homemade tomato sauce. Half a can of crushed tomatoes was in the fridge from an other recipe. This went well.



I cut the aubergine in 1 cm slices, keeping the top together. Brush the inside of the slices with the tomato sauce. Cut the tomatoes in thin slices and rip the buff mozz in pieces. Pick some fresh basil leaves.



Ingredients:

1 spring onion, 2 garlic cloves, 2 tbsp olive oil, 200 g crushed canned tomatoes, 1 tsp agave syrup, 2 tsp balsamic vinegar, 1 tbsp Noilly Prat, chili salt, pepper, herbes de Provence

125 g Mozzarella di Buffala, 6 Date tomatoes, fresh basil leaves



Preheat the oven to 160 C fan and bake the stuffed aubergine for 30 to 40 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment