Saturday 31 December 2022

Seafood Soup -Jjamppong

X-mas brought me the new cookbook form Aaron Huh. The YouTuber Aaron&Claire. 



Easy Korean cooking is something I like a lot and I can tolerate some heat. I wanted frozen seafood mix today at the supermarket. But that was sold out. I took a bag of frozen mussels and used some of my frozen shrimps. 



When the ingredients are all prepared, the cooking itself is fast and easy. I only cooked dry Udon on the side. All other stuff was made in the wok.



I always have a bag of dried shiitake mushrooms at home. They are great to boost the umami in each dish. I put 4 of them in water to soak for 2 hours. That was the time the seafood needed to defrost too. The fresh mushroons were brown button mushrooms. 



Recipe for 2:

130 g dried Udon noodles, cooked and rinsed

3 slices bacon, 150 g mussels, 100 g shrimps 

1 bok choy, 4 shiitake mushrooms, 6 brown button mushrooms 

2 spring onions, 1 small yellow onion, 3 cloves of garlic, 1 knob ginger, 1 red chili

600 ml chicken stock, 3 tbsp sake, 2 tsp oyster sauce, 3 tbsp soup soy sauce, 1 tsp gochugaru red pepper flakes



In a wok fry off the bacon, add onions, garlic, chili and ginger. After 3 min toss in the stem of the bok choy and all the mushrooms. Cook until they start to wilt. Season with red pepper flakes and sake.



Pour in the chicken stock and cook for 10 min, now in with oyster sauce and soy sauce, then add the greens from the bok choy and mussels and shrimps. They only need to heat through together with the udon noodles.

Check the the seasoning if you need more gochugaru.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment