Tuesday 13 December 2022

Tandoori Drumsticks

I found a great recipe for a Tandoori marinate and some helpful tips to get the chicken more tender.



I even used red and yellow gel food coloring to make it more authentic. The recipe was for a BBQ grill, but I used the oven and a metal rack.



I used a hack I saw on a Reel and cut the thick part of the drumstick open along the bone. That helped with the marinate and the cooking time.



Before I stuck the drumsticks in the marinate, I seasoned them first. Unusual, but it makes sense. The marinate stays partially on the chicken and there is no salt or pepper in the mix.



Drumstick seasoning:

Salt, pepper, smoked Paprika

Tandoori marinate:

125 g Greek yogurt, 1 garlic clove grated, 1 knob ginger grated

Garam Masala, chili flakes, tumeric, coriander, cumin, lovage, juice 1/2 lemon, 1 tbsp olive oil

Red and yellow food color, optional

Season the drumsticks and place them in the marinate minimum 4 hrs.



Heat up the oven to 180 C fan. 

Cook for 35 to 45 min. Serve with rice or Naan and some Chutney.


No comments:

Post a Comment