Thursday 1 December 2022

Pasta Sauce with evaporated Milk

I had friends over for coffee.



I had two different coffees to prepare. One decaf and one regular. Some people drink their coffee here with evaporated milk, other just with cow milk. I offered both versions.



Now I was stuck with leftover 300 ml of evaporated milk. Some desserts are made with it, but I wanted a savoury treat.

Pasta sauce with cheese. Not as creamy as double cream, but it worked, kind of?!

More leftovers were discovered in the fridge.

Recipe:

150 g spaghetti, 300 ml evaporated milk

1 tbsp butter, 35 g Parmesan, 35 g soft cheese

1 spring onion, salt and pepper, parsley,

100 g cooked smoked and cured pork



Melt butter and saute the chopped onion, add milk and cheeses and melt them. Season. Cook the pasta al dente. Get the pastain the sauce and finish it there.

Add pork chunks to warm through and finish with parsley.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment