Tuesday 20 December 2022

Buffalo Mozzarella baked on Tomato Sauce

We have a Spanish/Italian grocery store in the city. I bought fresh buffalo mozzarella there.



The dish I wanted to prepare with did not come to life. Now I was looking for other things to do with it. Caprese in December with mediocre tomatoes was not my aim. On Google I stumbled over oat covered, pan fried buffalo mozzarella. Hmmm...



Buffalo mozzarella has a very soft center. And the ball had to be divided in two pieces. I feared I would have a mess on my hands. But no, the inside was gooey, but stable and I could run it through flour, egg and oats.



The flour and the egg have been seasoned with salt, pepper and Italian herbs. In a bit of olive oil, the cheese needed a couple of minutes on each side on medium low heat.

I took a package of frozen tomatoe sauce from this summer out and it went in the microwave to be ready with the cheese. I cooked some penne pasta and had a great meal. 



Ingredients:

250 g Buffalo mozzarella

1/2 cup fine oats, 1 egg, 1 /4 cup flour, salt, pepper, Italian dried herbs, olive oil

Tomato sauce, pasta.

No comments:

Post a Comment