Sunday 11 February 2024

Air Fryer red Beets

My BFF brought me a bag of fresh red beets. A good winter vegetable, rich on magnesium, potassium, phosphorus, iron, calcium and B vitamins.



I used seasoning to "fight off" all the healthy stuff. Some oil to coat them and the air fryer to use only medium high heat to bake them.



I kept the peel on. First of all, I was too lazy to peel them and get bloody red hands. But second, most of the good stuff is sitting right under the skin.



A good wash and cutting off the top and bottom was enough. Just quartered and seasoned and baked.

Seasoning: herb salt, garlic and onion powder, dried thyme, rapeseed oil

Set the air fryer to 150 C and bake for 30 min.

I wanted to make a salad for lunch from the baked beets. But I had to give them a try and every time I went in the kitchen, I ate some.  Salad later?

No comments:

Post a Comment