Tuesday 6 February 2024

Flying Dutchman Burger

Yes, I watch too many food related videos. This one went viral about 2 weeks ago.



You can' t watch food videos in the moment, without one of these onion slice "buns" on burgers pop up. About 2 years ago, the IN a Out Burger Chain came up with this.



I love onions, not only as an ingredient of some sauce or veggie dish, but as a vegetable it self. I needed to give it a try myself.



I was blown away. It is a mess to eat, but Brioche buns or the lame sesame buns were never my favourite outside of a burger. I did a couple of breadless burger blogs here. 



Ingredients:

2 x 100 g seasoned beef burgers

2 slices Cheddar cheese

1 very large onion, 2 x 1,5 cm slices

Salt, pepper, sugar, olive oil

Romain lettuce

Burger Sauce:

2 tbsp mayo, 2 tbsp ketchup, 1 tsp mustard, 1 tsp Worchester sauce, 2 tbsp pickle juice, 2 cornichons






No comments:

Post a Comment