Saturday 3 February 2024

Chicken Corn Soup Pakistani style

I had a small bowl of soup in one of the Omani hotels and I was fond of it.



But soup eating at 28 C is not my favourite thing to do. At home we have 9 C and chicken soup sounded great.



The staff at the Falaj Hotel was mostly from Pakistan and from Sri Lanka. So Dals and other dishes from this region tasted authentic.



When I was home again, I remembered the soup and started my Internet search. Some call it an Indian Soup with Chinese heritage. 



Then I found a short video of Mother and son cooking this soup together. I took my inspiration more or less from that video.



Recipe for 4:

4 chicken legs

Enough water to cover them completely

1 tsp salt, 2 tsp pepper, 2 tsp tumeric

6 chopped garlic cloves

1 red bell pepper, 1 small yellow bell pepper

1 yellow chili

2 small cans of sweet corn

2 tsp potato starch in 4 tbsp milk

1 egg



Place the chicken in a large pot and cover it with water. Add salt, pepper, tumeric and garlic and boil for 30 min.

Take the chicken out to cool a little to take off the meat.



In a blender stuff in the bell peppers and a drained can of sweetcorn. Add 60 ml water and blend. Pour in the soup and add the second can of sweetcorn. Cook on low heat.

Discard the yellow skin from the chicken and rip the meat to shreds. Add to the soup. 

Make a slurry from starch and milk and stir in the soup to thicken. Cook 5 min more, take from the heat.

Beat the egg and drizzle in the soup. Check the seasoning and chop the yellow chili to add for some heat.

 



No comments:

Post a Comment