Wednesday 7 February 2024

Sorbet au Coco de Martinique

This is a very creamy and rich dessert from the islands of the Antilles.



My BFF made this recipe after watching a documentary about the island of Martinique. Even her husband, who is not so fond of sweet desserts, loved it. Only a few ingredients are needed.



I bought them a couple of weeks ago and they were sitting on the kitchen counter waiting for their use. But I was too busy before I went on holiday. Today I finally prepared it.

An ice cream maker is not a must, but I have one sitting unused for a long time in my storage. Now was the time to get the dust off it. 



Recipe for 10 scoops:

400 ml coconut milk

1 can sweetened condensed milk

1 tsp sugar

2 tsp cinnamon

1/2 tsp nutmeg

Zest of a lime, juice of 1/2 lime



Mix all ingredients together and store it in the freezer for 4 to 6 hours. Or use your trusty ice cream compressor and let it run 50 min. Now just eat one portion and store the other in the freezer.



No comments:

Post a Comment