Wednesday 21 August 2024

Aubergine Dip

The aubergine pot behind the house was very busy producing lots of long fruits. 



Over the last couple of days I collected a bunch and looked for an inspiration to cook them. We still have hot summer weather and a creamy and cold dip sounded nice.



I did not want to use the oven again, I switched to the compact one - the air fryer. It had enough room to put the aubergines in.



I had cut them up through the middle and salted them. After 15 min drying them with kitchen paper. A bit of spray oil and 13 min on 160 C in the air fryer basket and they were done.



Scraping the flesh out with a teaspoon is a little tedious. Mix them with the following ingredients and take a stick blender to prepare a cream.

I ate that with my lentil chips/crisps I made yesterday.

200 g Greek yogurt

2 tsp garlic paste

1 tsp dry Italian herbs

Smoked salt and pepper

2 tbsp fresh chives



No comments:

Post a Comment