Saturday 31 August 2024

Potato Mash, Swiss Chard Colcannon style

I know, I know Colcannon is made with cabbage. But the Swiss Chard is grown so much and lots of it had to be eaten.



Seen recipes with kale and spinach, I though why not use the veggies I have grown myself.


 

Making it a deluxe version was a must. It was poor people food in Ireland, but my butcher gave me 2 pairs of Wiener sausages for free, because their skin was a bit crinkled and he could not sell them anymore. So I ended up with 6 Wieners instead of 2. The 2 fresh ones will last a bit in the fridge now.



The 4 Wieners went in a pan together with some cubed ham to brown a bit and then the Swiss Chard I prepared before were combined. In the end the mashed potatoes finished the dish.


Ingredients for 2:

550 g peeled potatoes

100 ml milk

50 g butter

Nutmeg, salt, pepper

250 g Swiss chard

1 small yellow onion, 1 green onion, 1 shallot, 4 garlic cloves

Grapeseed oil

4 Wieners, 150 g cooked ham cubed






No comments:

Post a Comment