Sunday, 9 August 2026

Apricot Crumb Cake or Streusel Cake

It is a 2×1×1  method cake : flour, sugar, butter.



Recipe for s 24 cm round loose bottom cake tin:

300 g flour

150 g sugar

150 g cold unsalted butter

Pinch of salt

2 tsp vanilla sugar

8 to 10 apricots

2 tsp runny honey



Cut the cold butter in small slices and put the ingredients down to the vanilla sugar in a bix bowl. 



You could blizz it in a foodprocessor, but I thought I use an old method. 



Since it is very hot here, I used for the combining the stuff together a potato masher, then my hands in the end. With hot hands the dough does not get sandy, but melting. Only the last few minutes it then was good. 



I buttered the baking dish and put 2/3 of the crumbs in and pressed it down and a bit up the sides.



Take the stones out of the apricots and quarter them. Place them skin down on the dough. Drizzle with honey.





 





No comments:

Post a Comment