Every time I am coming back to the Nuerburgring in the Eifel I am looking forward to this kind of baked good.
But you have to be early to get one. I got lucky yesterday at noon to get the last one.
It is a speciality that originates in the city of Aachen and is only available there and in parts of the Eifel. Outside this area nobody ever heard of it.
In Aachen they even have the "Day of the Streuselbrötchen" on April 29th.
It is a not so sweet heavy yeast dough. The streusel or crumble made with butter is pressed in a thick layer in the dough and piled on top of that.
When I came here 2,5 years ago for the first time and stood at the bakery, I wondered why they call Streuselkuchen a different name. But both bakes are very different. Now I am always looking forward to get a piece, even take some home and share with my neighbor.


No comments:
Post a Comment