Friday, 28 August 2026

Eggs in Horseradish Sauce

I haven't eaten that dish in many years. 



The surprise I had was a horseradish root that I found at the supermarket. It was the first time that I grated horseradish myself.



I remember well that my Mom mostly used jared horseradish, because with fresh horseradish the fumes went up her nose. When we had the root, my Dad was the one who had to grate it.



The fumes went up my nose too and cleared my sinuses.



The base of this sauce is a roux. When the base is done, add as much freshly grated horseradish until the punch hits you. Adding some jared one helped too.



Do not forget a little sugar and lemon juice to get a good flavour.

The boiled eggs went in to reheat and the sauce was served with potatoes and some chives

Ingredients:

6 hard boiled eggs

40 g butter

40 g flour

300 ml whole milk

50 g creme fraiche

50 ml Noilly Prat

6 cm grated horseradish root

2 tbsp from a jar

1/2 lemon juiced

1 tsp sugar

Salt, pepper

Chives

Potatoes




No comments:

Post a Comment