I bought easy Mie noodles this morning. They only have to soak in a bowl with boiling water for 5 minutes, then are ready to drain and put in the dish you cook.
Today I made a fusion dish. Bami Goreng is a noodle dish from Indonesia, Mie noodles come from China originally, and the pork belly was made Korean style by Aaron&Claire. It went very well together.
Step one was marinating the pork belly. Only for 1 hour, but that was enough. Then using the kettle to heat up some water and pour it over the Mie noodles. Just poke at them to loosen them a couple of times and look that every strand is under water. Then drain them. I used my Korean sissors to cut them up a bit.
I chopped green onions and seperated white and green. Then the pork belly went in a pan with a little oil. It got beautifully caramelized bits on it. The white parts of the onion went in too.
I a second pan the defrosted Asia veggies went in with a little oil. After 5 min the Indonesian paste was next. After a good stir the noodles were going in. Use 2 big spoons to toss and add a little cooking wine to loosen the paste.
Stir in the pork and the green from the spring onions. Check for seasoning
Ingredients:
1 Indonesian spiceblend for Bami Goreng
250 g pork belly
250 g Mie noodles
200 g defrosted Asia veggies
salt and pepper
Marinate:
1 tbsp light soy, 1 tbsp dark soy
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tsp neutral oil
1/3 tsp white pepper
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 heaped tsp cornstarch







No comments:
Post a Comment