I haven't made the classic French pastry filling yet. I always feared that it tasted like Marzipan, the almond paste.
I hate Marzipan!
But an open bag of ground almonds was sitting in my baking ingredient box and needed to go. A punnet of peaches was on the counter and a roll of puff pastry in the fridge.
I looked at recipes and frangipane cream came up. I decided to give it a go.
Frangipane:
100 g very soft unsalted butter
100 g sugar
100 g ground almonds (prefer the ones that are skinless, but the other are more rustic)
10 g cornstarch
2 eggs
With a wooden spoon beat sugar and butter together until creamy, add the other ingredients and make a soft paste.
1 roll rectangular puff pastry
4 peaches or nectarines
Spread the frangipane along the middle and set slices of fruit on top. Cut the sides of the dough in strips and fold it over.
Preheat the oven to 200 C fan and bake for 25 to 30 min.






No comments:
Post a Comment