Saturday 21 May 2016

Boulgour with Asparagus and Peas

This basic recipe gave me my BFF. She told me it tasted amazing and I should cook it myself.

that is a vegan dish

I picked all the ingredients and thought about butter and chicken stock. But during I was peeling the aspargus I planned new and exchanged the butter and the chicken stock for olive oil and veggie stock. And surprise: a vegan dish.

I bought some tomato flavoured boulgour at our Turkish Supermarket. And that gave the base to the dish.

I changed the chicken stock cube and used a veg stock

recipe:
150 g tomato flavoured boulgour
500 ml veg stock
100 g defrosted peas
400 g white asparagus in 3 cm slices
1/2 red chili
3 shallots
2 cloves of garlic
2 tbsp olive oil
3 tbsp pineapple mint
1 tsp smoked paprika
1  tsp paprika
salt, pepper

that takes about 2 1/2 minutes

stir very well, then add the veg stock

In a wide pan in olive oil start with the chopped onions, garlic and chili and give that a couple of minutes. Add the asparagus slices and the boulgour and let that coat with the oil, add the peas and the veg stock, season with the paprikas, salt and pepper and let it cook open until the stock is done. That takes about 15 minutes. Chop the fresh mint and add it to the dish.

paprika powders for taste

pineapple mint

No comments:

Post a Comment