Monday 23 May 2016

Clafoutis Paleo and GF

I bought a punnet of wonderful dark cherries. Eating all of them as they are is great, but preparing a dish with them is even better. First I thought about a savoury dish with the combination of meat and cherries, like duck breast with cherry sauce or Lebanese Köfte with cherries, but I was looking for something less healthy.

When a sweet dessert with cherries is on my mind, the first thing that pops up is the French classic of Clafoutis.

This was one of my first dishes I ever made and I love it since that time, even I haven´t made it in a very long period of time.

Now a possibility of Gluten Free and Paleo came to my mind and instead of flour and the usually refined sugar, I decided to exchange that with almond and coconut flour and coconut flower sugar. This sugar has a very low GI and that makes the dessert more healthy :-))

recipe:
500 g pitted cherries
6 eggs
50 g coconut flower sugar
300 ml whole milk
180 ml double cream
1 tsp vanilla extract
35 g almond flour
2 heaped tbsp coconut flour
butter for the baking dish
2 tbsp dessicated coconut instead of icing sugar

Use a 26 or 28 cm oven proof dish and butter it well.
Bake for 60 min at 180 C regular that makes the clafoutis dense like a sponge
or at 160 C fan, that makes it a bit fluffier.

Now, after I finished the dessert I am sure to make it again and I favour it over the regular recipe.

No comments:

Post a Comment