Saturday 5 January 2019

Bloodpudding with Warm Potato Salad

I did not want to go grocery shopping late Friday afternoon. I still try to cook from the Christmas and New Year groceries. Some ingredients did not make it into the festive dishes.

o

One the way home in the car I went through my inner ingredients larder and checked what I still had in stock. Not much left of fresh produce. Onions and potatoes were the only ones left.
I looked for a protein and a half eaten piece of blood sausage came up. Lets get cooking.


recipe for 1:
5 potatoes
2 shallots
2 gherkins
2 tbsp capers
2 tbsp parsley
3 tbsp creme fraiche
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
1 tbsp hot water
salt and pepper
flour
oil
120 g blood sausage


Peel the potatoes and boil them in salted water. Drain and cut into slices.
Peel the shallot and cut in, soak it in boiling water for 30 seconds.
Cut gherkins in small pieces and clean off the salt from the capers.
Mix the creme fraiche with the other ingredients and bring all together while the potatoes are still warm.

Flour the sausage and in some oil fry the slices on both sides for a couple of minutes.
 





No comments:

Post a Comment