Saturday 19 January 2019

Oven baked fresh Trout

I was in France grocery shopping for the first time in 2019. Finally it was a very cold but dry and later sunny day.


For today´s dish I wanted some fish and I stood in front the large display of various seafood and could not decide what kind of saltwater fish to buy. I saw a huge display of freshwater fish and there was a offer for fresh trout today.


I took one and wanted to prepare it with the smallest amount of work after coming home from the 3 hour round trip. I had to unpack all the bags and store the goodies away. Slaving in the kitchen was not on my agenda today.
I just peeled a couple of potatoes and made a quick salad with freshly bought chicoree and blue grapes and stuffed the seasoned fish with fresh herbs and butter and lemon.


It sat on its belly on bit of butter on a baking paper and went into the oven at 220 C for 25 min.

recipe:
1 fresh trout
2 tbsp parsley
2 twigs of thyme
1 rosemary
salt and pepper
1/4 lemon


for the salad:
2 chicoree
6 blue grapes halved
1 tsp pomegranate syrup from Turkey
1 tsp agave syrup
juice of one clementine
salt and pepper
2 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp white balsamic vinegar
2 tbsp chopped parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment