Thursday 31 January 2019

Lamb Kofte with Bulgur

I bought some lamb mince in a discount supermarket I rarely visit. I was surprised that they sold this kind. But later, when I had some of my stuff together and went to the cashir, I knew why.


Enough customers in this store to appreciate a good lamb mince. There is a small Turkish store side by side, they mostly sell packaged goods and some veggies. Selling lamb mince made sense to me now.


I had the meat and no idea what so ever to cook. My first look went through my dry goods storage  and a box of bulgur caught my eyes. To make it a bit more tasty, I used 2 spring onions to get a better taste and some chicken stock.


As veggies I bought a long cucumber and had some French curd in the fridge. A good combo like a Tsaziki is going well with lamb.
I decided to just season the meat and form it into some long shaped patties and browned them in olive oil. After a while, when they took some colouring, I added a good amount of Ayvar.


Ayvar is a paprika and onion paste and has some vinegar in. A half cup of water to loosen it a bit and all that over the lamb. I closed the lid and cooked that for a couple of minutes until the kofte were done.


recipe for 2:
300 g lamb mince
1 tsp dried onion
1 tsp garlic powder
2 tsp Pul Biber
salt and pepper
2 tbsp breadcrumbs


1/2 cup bulgur
1 tsp olive oil
2 spring onions
1 cup stock

4 tbsp curd
1/3 cucumber grated
salt and pepper
1/4 tsp dried mint
tsaziki seasoning



No comments:

Post a Comment