Sunday 27 January 2019

Sukiyaki at home

I had friends over for a very late birthday celebration. I offered a Japanese dinner and they were intrigued. Luckily they do not have any problems to eat foreign food and eat with chopsticks.


We had a lot of fun with the cooking of our food on top of the rechaud. First I served the Gyoza. I am getting better and better at preparing them and it is a lot of fun, when everyone likes them.
I had grated daikon with soy sauce as the dipping sauce and it was a great addition.


I bought three types of mushrooms and they were eaten all. Instead of Napa cabbage I bought Pok Choy. The Napa cabbage heads are so big in the moment, I was not going to have a cabbage feast over the next weeks.


ingredients for 3:
700 g home made chicken stock
200 ml soy sauce
100 ml mirin
1 tbsp sugar
4 pok choy
2 carrots
2 spring onions
8 shitake mushrooms
2 packages of enoki mushrooms
1 box of shimishi mushrooms
100 g sugar snap peas
400 g fine sliced beef
3 fresh free range eggs
dipping sauces


daikon for pickled salad
3 bowls of rice
Miso Soup with Tofu



No comments:

Post a Comment