Monday 7 January 2019

Salmon Pralines with Celery two ways and Espuma

Serving salmon in an other form then the usual way has intrigued me. In one of my newest cookbooks I found the idea and used that as a base for my own interpretation.


I bought a nice piece of salmon, skinned it, deboned it and took the fatty parts off. I cut it with a  knife into small cubes and seasoned that well.
A package of Wan Tan sheets sat in my freezer for a while, I took it out last night to taw out in the fridge. These made the wrap for the fish.


Celery two ways was the veg of the day for me. I still have a lot left from yesterdays fruity curry soup and needed to use up some of it.
A jogurt dip to go with the salmon is a great choice and fine cut raw celery does the trick for a crunch. Seasoned well it was a good side dish.


The other stalk of celery went with the rice into the rice cooker. No fuss.


Recipe for 2:
300 g salmon filet
Yuzu pepper
salt
14 Wan Tan Wrappers
oil
75 g Greek jogurt
2 stalks of celery
seasoning
1 cup of rice
Espuma from pickled juice of gherkins


Cut the wan tan sheets in halve. Roll each up and cut into strips with a sharp knife.
Start the rice with one stalk of celery.
Fine cut the other and mix it with the jogurt. Season.


Take about 25 g of fish and wrap it in the wan tan shreds.
Use oil in a wide pan on medium heat and cook the pralines on each side for 3  min.
Bring all together on a plate and finish with Espuma

No comments:

Post a Comment