Sunday 20 January 2019

French half Cock Pot au Feu

This time I am cooking XXL.


I bought one half of a cock at the supermarket in France. This part was 2,5 kg. The next thing I bought was a vegetable box for Pot au Feu with 2 kg. It was time to get out my biggest pot.


I need a good chicken stock next Saturday, I wanted to have a good chicken noodle soup, I want to make a fricasse and fill that into puff pastry. So lets get cooking.


Recipe for the base:
1/2 rooster
1 large onion
6 cloves of garlic
1/2 leek
4 carrots
1/2 celeriac
1/2 swede
1 yellow bell pepper
3 bay leaves
1 chili
1 knob ginger
Parsley stalks
Pepper and salt
Enough water to nearly cover the bird.

Cooking time is 2 hours.

When you have taken the meat off, taken the stock you need, get the carcass, skin and tendons back into the pot with the leftover veggies. Fill it up with water and cook again for 1 hour. Now you have more stock.


No comments:

Post a Comment