Thursday 17 January 2019

Two strong cheeses in a sauce with linguine

Not so many people love the taste and smell of strong cheeses. For many it is an acquired taste that develops over the years.


Even as a kid I loved the taste of strong cheeses. Our neighbours came from Switzerland and introduced us to Raclette cheese. I was 5 when I had it the first time and I am a fan of this cheese since then.



I still have a good chunk of Appenzeller max sitting in the fridge and a package of Roquefort.
It may be overkill for many, but trust me, melted over pasta with some wine and cream it is lovely and still strong.


Recipe for 2:
125 g Roquefort
60 g Appenzeller max
100 ml double cream
50 ml white wine
1 tbsp butter
1 shallot
Pepper
220 g linguine

Cook the pasta.
In a pan melt the butter and add the chopped onion. Give it 3 min.
Add wine and cream and the Roquefort. Grate the Appenzeller and add it when the Roquefort is melted.
Season with pepper, no salt.
Toss the pasta in.

No comments:

Post a Comment