Wednesday 9 January 2019

Porkello Tonnato

This is the pork version of the classic Italian dish, Vitello Tonnato.


I had some pork roast in thin slices. Why not top it with tuna.

I love capers and I was looking forward to have them on top of pork meat.


I wanted to eat it with toasted rye bread, I discovered it had a not so lovely sheen of green - mould. And no other bread at home.


Recipe for 2:
56 g can of tuna
1/2 clove of garlic
1 anchovis filet
2 tsp capers
2 tbsp raprseed oil
60 g creme graiche
Lemon juice
160 g pork roast cooked

I decided not to make a traditional mayonaise, I did not use egg to bind.
If you do not like the strong taste of anchovis, just use a little of it.
This tonnato is as creamy as the mayo one, but a bit more savoury.
The combination with pork is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment