Thursday 24 January 2019

French chicken filled pastry

Bouchees á la Reine or in German Königin Pasteten.


This is a very classic dish. Not much eaten nowadays. I know that for a long time, but it is difficult to get hold of here in German supermarkets. No problem so in the French supermarkets.


From my chicken soup/stock cooking last Sunday, I still have lots of chicken breast and stock.
I shoved the Bouchees into the oven at 150 C for 10 min to warm them through.


The base to my filling was a little roux with a bit of milk and a good dose of chicken stock.

The veggies went into a pan to get soften and done and the cut up meat was added. When everything was done, I just combined the roux with it and added a bit of fresh parsley.


recipe for 4 pastries:
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp flour
50 ml milk
2 tbsp cream
200 ml chicken stock
salt and pepper
200 g cooked chicken breast
parsley
200 g button mushrooms
3 spring onions
1 clove of garlic


Fill it in the pastries and enjoy.






No comments:

Post a Comment