Saturday 18 November 2023

Bavarian Weisswurst Pizza

Weißwurst is a Bavarian classic and usually eaten for breakfast with a lye pretzel and a glass of beer. 



But these sausages are coming in larger packages and often with small mustard pouches. The mustard is the typical sweet variety. Because Weisswurst and sweet mustard are a pair made in Bavrian heaven. 



But I did not eat all of them for breakfast and I skipped the beer! Coffee for me!



Now I needed an idea to eat the other already cooked sausages. There is a recipe for a pizza on Pinterest, but only the general idea stuck with me. I created my own version.



Recipe for 1:

1 round or square pizza dough

3 tsp creme fraiche, 3 tsp sweet mustard, 1 tsp honey, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, Italian herbs

4 cooked Weisswurst, 30 g smoked bacon bits

1 small red onion, 1 shallot

Cheddar cheese

Pretzels, dill

Put the bacon in a small pan for 5 min. Drain the fat. Pull the casing off the sausages. Cut the onions in strips. Mix creme fraiche with mustard and honey and season.



Preheat the oven 230 C. Smear the mix on the pizza dough. Get the ingredients on the pizza, but skip pretzels and dill. They are the finish after the pizza is baked.

Bake for 12 to 15 min.

No comments:

Post a Comment