Wednesday 1 November 2023

Rice Paper Noodles

Not all TikTok food reels are good. I would call this one a fail.



But there is one quote here in Germany: diese Köche sind beschissen, die sich nicht zu helfen wissen ( these Chefs are bad that do not find a solution to rescue a dish)



I have square rice paper in my "Asia" storage box. The dish called for 3 pieces. Water them for 10 seconds and brush a cutting board with oil. Put the soaked paper on top and brush it with oil too. Cut it in 1 inch strips. These are the noodles. The TikTok reel called for round rice paper, but there is no difference.



I looked in my serving bowl and there were a tiny amount of noodles in. I cut up 2 more rice papers and prepared the sauce. Still a tiny amount to eat. I bulked it up with a red bell pepper, 1 more spring onion and 10 cm piece of cucumber.



40 g of mung bean noodles later, it was a salad to enjoy.

Sauce:

2 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp peanut butter, 1 tbsp Chinese black vinegar, 2 tbsp Mirin, 1 tsp sugar syrup, 1 tsp garlic paste, 1 spring onion, 1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds, 2 tbsp water


No comments:

Post a Comment