Sunday 12 November 2023

Tartine with red Pesto, Ham, Figs and Mozzarella

I went out in the morning to get some groceries. On the way to my car I looked at my fig tree in the front yard. It is November, 11th today and I harvested 4 more ripe figs.  This years fig season is awesome. Usually I can't harvest most of the second batch of figs after half of the month of October.



Now I needed to eat them. I rumaged through my fridge and found an open jar of red Pesto, a bag of Mozzarella di Buffala, a piece of spring onion and some slices of San Daniele ham.



Fresh bread on some olive oil on a baking tray. Brush a good amount of pesto on top and finely cut spring onion. The ham came next, then quarted figs.



Topped with ripped chunks of Mozzarella and fresh ground pepper.



Bake it at 180 C fan for 10 min. 

Ingredients:

2 thick slices of bread

Olive oil

5 tsp red Pesto

1 small chunk of spring onion

A couple of slices of San Daniele ham

3 fresh figs

1 ball Mozzarella di Buffala

Fresh ground pepper



No comments:

Post a Comment