Monday 2 October 2023

Asian style Chicken with Vegetable Rice

I had some boneless chicken thighs in the fridge. Korean fried chicken was my plan, but I changed it. I did not want to fry in hot oil today.



Instead I seasoned the thighs and put them in the oven. An Asian style sauce thickened with potato starch was the glaze on the chicken when they came out of the oven.



I had some Chinese CharSu sauce in a jar. The jar was already opened but still good to eat. I mixed some of that with the Korean ingredients and it worked well.

Last evening I made a vegetable rice in the rice cooker. A good amount of it was left over. Together with the thickened sauce it went well with the chicken.

Recipe for 3:

3 chicken thighs boneless, salt, pepper, onion powder

Sesame seeds, chives

Sauce:

2 tbsp light soy sauce, 2 tsp Char-su sauce, 3 tbsp Mirin, salt, pepper, 1 tsp Gochugaru pepper flakes, 1 tbsp Gochujang, 1 tsp syrup, 1 tbsp oil, 1 tsp potato starch + 2 tbsp water



Place the seasoned chicken in an oven proof dish.  Cook for 35 min at 180 C fan. Turn half way.

In a pan heat up the sauce and let it thicken. Toss the baked chicken in the sauce and finish with sesame and chives. Serve with rice.



 


No comments:

Post a Comment