Thursday 12 October 2023

Maccaroni with Wieners and Celery

You may think, what kind of combination is this? I can assure you, it is very tasty.



Before going on the next holiday trip, getting bits and bobs out of the fridge helps with foodwaste. Pasta is a wonderful base to combine it with mostly everything. The sauce is always the star of the dish.



In my veggie drawer of the fridge many things have left behind. The package sizes too big, not getting the right amound of produce at the grocer. Most if you will know that. Only using veggies out of your own garden would help. But I ate the last of my homegrown cucumbers and most of my tomatoes.



A pasta sauce starts with onions and garlic in olive oil. I wanted the sauce without tomatoes to keep it in a light color. The celery stalks and the white onion helped. The protein of the day was a bag of Wieners.



For the sauce I used some of my veg stock paste, a little bit of Calabrien pepperoncini paste and the leftover double cream.

Ingredients for 2:

225 g pasta of choice

1 onion, 1 garlic clove, 2 tbsp oil

160 g Wieners, 2 celery stalks

1 tsp veg stock paste, 1/4 tsp hot pepperoni paste

Salt, pepper, thyme

150 ml double cream and pasta water

Parsley

No comments:

Post a Comment