Wednesday 25 October 2023

Onigirazu

I thought about Onigiri, but I made a big pile of stuff to wrap in some Noori sheets.



The Tulip breakfast meat can caught my eye at the supermarket. It looks like Spam, but it only comes on one flavour. The last time I made myself some Hawaiian Musubi, I used German Fleischkäse. No way near any kind of Spam.



I opened the can and pulled out some of the meat. Easy to cut it in slices this way. It was really soft. I browned it in a little oil in the pan.

The rice cooker made my Japanese short grain rice. I seasoned it with some rice vinegar, salt and sugar - like Sushi.



Tamagoyaki was next. I pulled my rectangular pan out of storage and beat 3 eggs with Mirin and a little salt. It is a long time since I made this egg omelet. Getting it perfectly shaped was not so easy. It looked a bit wonky in the end. But it tasted good.



Now pat down some rice in the middle of the noori and put a slice of Tulip and 2 pieces of tamagoyaki beside it. Cover with rice and fold the noori over. Wrap in clingfilm and let it rest.

Cut up in the middle and serve.




No comments:

Post a Comment