Saturday 28 October 2023

Yellow Split Pea Hummus

I wanted to make a red lentil hummus.



The problem was: no red lentils in storage and a lousy rainy day. No way I was going out to buy some.



But my search helped me discover a lock n lock box with dry yellow split peas and a package of Ancho Chili. Why not use the ones I already have? The Chilis are for tomorrow.



The peas needed 40 min cooking time in plain water. I skimmed all the foamy stuff off in the beginning. A half cup of the cooking water needed to go in the hummus later. A clear water is a lot better, so get rid of the scum.



I cooled one part of the peas down on a tray and packed the other part away for the next dish.

In a blender went:

2 cups cooked yellow split peas

1/2 cup cooking water

1/2 cup Tahini

1 tbsp olive oil

1 lemon juiced

Salt, pepper, smoked paprika, sweet paprika

2 tsp garlic paste

Serve with breadsticks or taco chips




 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment