Friday 6 October 2023

Eating out in Bahrain

Beating the heat of 37 C, feeling like 47 C, I went out to lunch.



But first order was to get some Bahrain Dinar currency, get a little shopping done and then have lunch. Then I had to walk through the heat again, with an Iced tea in my hand.



I had some Arabic breakfast in the morning with hummus, muammar and labneh with cucumbers and an egg. I was hungry and looked for a treat. 

I haven't been to TGIF'S in a very long time. I saw the outside sign on a  second shopping center and knew, I wanted to eat there.

I was astonished about the food quality. A lunch special for 6,900 Dinar = € 17,40



Choosing from different items I went with a mushroom and cream soup as a starter. A hot soup on a hot day- it was very good.

My main course was a high packed burger and home fries. I haven't had one this good in a very long time.



The lunch special came with a beverage. I choose the Ice tea. The sugar syrup came in a small container to make it your own level of sweetness. Since I emptied my tall glass, I've go a refill. That was the one that helped me through the heat on the way back to my hotel.

No comments:

Post a Comment