Thursday 26 October 2023

Courgette covered in Indian hot Snack mix and baked

Courgette or Zucchini are often called boring vegetables because they are on the bland side. But they will shine, when they are combined with something flavourful.



The courgette in my fridge needed a boost to shine. I had an idea. During my holiday in Bahrain I shopped for food stuff to take home with me. Spices were my first go to, but a couple of snacks went in my suitcase too.



Indian snack mixes could be found in any potato chip (crisps) isle of any supermarket. Here in Germany you have to go to an Asian or Indian food store to buy these. I went for some hot lentil and gram flour bakes. I've tried a bit of it at home. Sorry, spicy but otherwise bland. Now I have to come up with ideas to use the snack mix.



I saw the Boys from Sortedfood use some kind of Indian snack mix to bread meat with it a while ago in a video. This idea stuck, but with a vegetable. Using Ghee to fry the slices in a large pan is good, it can be heated up to a higher temperature without burning. And the buttery taste compliments the breading.



Recipe:

1 medium sized courgette, sliced in 1 cm discs  

150 g flour

1 egg, 50 ml milk

150 g Indian hot Snack mix, 50 g cornflakes put in a foodprocessor and blended

50 g Ghee



Serve with Greek yogurt and dried mint from a teabag.  



No comments:

Post a Comment