Monday 16 October 2023

Streusel Plum Cake

We are still in plum season. I haven't done anything with them yet this year.



A cake with plums sounded like a good idea. I bought a kilo of them and hoped they were enough for a sheet cake. I talked to my good friend and she suggested a layer of vanilla pudding beneath the plums. 



That was a good idea. A package of pudding to bake was sitting around in my storage containers. I had bought it for a dessert, I never came around to make. 



I am a fan of streusel on top of cakes. In other countries you call it crumble. But streusels are a bit finer. Since I used my trusty Thermomix for the dough, giving it a quick rinse and dry, I prepared the streusel in it too. No mess with hot hands and cold butter. 



Recipe:

Dough:

280 g flour, 40 g fresh yeast, 1/8 l warm milk, 2 tbsp sugar, 1 egg, 1 tbsp butter, pinch of salt

1 package Dr.Oetker  backfeste Puddingcreme, 250 ml milk

1 kilo Damazener plums

Streusel:

160 g cold butter in chunks, 200 g flour, 50 g oats, 100 g brown sugar, 20 g vanilla sugar



In the Thermomix add milk, sugar and yeast and set on 37 C for 2 min speed 2. Add the other dough components and use the dough speed for 2 min. Put in a bowl, cover and rest until the dough has doubled.

Wash and destone the plums.



In a bowl whisk milk and pudding cream for 1 min until thickened.



Roll out the dough on baking paper and set it on a baking tray. Cover with pudding. Put the plums in rows on top of the pudding.



Clean the Thermomix and add all streusel ingredients. Pulse on speed 6 for 6 sec. Put on top of the plums.

Bake at 180 C for 30 to 35 min.


No comments:

Post a Comment