Wednesday 18 October 2023

Sujebi or Korean hand torn Noodles

I made some stock yesterday and kept some of the vegetables. Now I needed a dish that I could eat them with.



Maangchi's latest YT video showed a vegetable soup with with fresh pieces of dough dropped in. That reminded me a lot of some German soup dumplings or Spätzle.



There are no eggs in the dough. That way it stays more chewy then the German varieties.



To bulk out my leftover stock and veggies, I added potato, navette and green onion.



The dough is made just with flour, water, salt and oil. It needs to rest about 30 min. Then you can tear thin pieces off it. I cooked the noodles separately in chicken stock in 3 batches.



I added them to the soup and finished it with some soup soy sauce and parsley.



Ingredients:

Noodles: 1 cup flour, 100 ml water, 1/2 tbsp rapeseed oil, 1/3 tsp salt


No comments:

Post a Comment