Friday 1 January 2021

Chicken Breast Leftovers Part II

I still had one chicken breast and a couple of strips from the other side in the fridge. What now? 



LIDL had a package of potato dumplings in their special holiday section. Preparing them from scratch for a single person is no fun. I bought the dumplings and stored them for further use. Expiration date was Dec 30th.  Best time to use them now. Dumplings need a lot of sauce. Meat sauce is great, but chicken is not so good for such a sauce. 



But, I had an idea. When I braise pork or beef and there is too much sauce left, I put that into ice cube bags and freeze it. A couple of saucy ice cubes were still left. I put them in a bowl and added a little boiling water to them.



Two slices of Panchetta were still sitting in the fridge. For a bit more taste I chopped them together with an onion and that was the start of my sauce. After frying that, I added a heaped teaspoon of flour to thicken the sauce later. Then in with the defrosted stock, wine and chicken stock. Salt and pepper and some dried thyme. I let it cook for 5 minutes. 



I cut the chicken breast in bite dize chunks and added them to the pot together with 100 ml double cream. I let it reheat andvthe ssuce was ready to go over my dumplings.

I served the dish with my cranberry sauce.



No comments:

Post a Comment