Saturday 30 January 2021

Squid Ink Risotto with Squid

Early Saturday morning I went out for some groceries. I went to a smaller supermarket and found squid at the fishmongers counter.


 

I have some tiny packages of squid ink at home from one of my shopping trips to French supermarkets. Now was the time to try it.



It is actually a recipe from Croatia. They use the bigger cuttlefish and the ink from it. Here in Germany I can only buy squid. That is cleaned and frozen. But the result is the same. The squid is easy and very fast to prepare. I hate it when it is chewy like a bicycle tube. 



The most work is the risotto. But I like all kinds of risotto and coloring it dark is easy. Some people say the ink tastes fishy. I don't think it does. 



 Recipe for 2:

1 cup Aborio rice, 1 spring onion, 1 clove of garlic, 1 knob of butter

150 ml white wine, 500 ml veg stock, 1 package squid ink

180 g squid, shaved Parmesan, 1 tbsp olive oil, 1 tbsp butter, parsley

Clean the squid and cut it in fine strips. Set aside.



Chop onion and garlic and saute them in butter, add the dry rice and let it fry 2 min.

Add wine and cook it down completely. Heat up the stock and let it sit on the hot pmate to keep the temp. Add it in 3 stages. In the last stage add the squid ink and stir until fully dissolved. Check the rice, then add butter.

In a pan on high heat in oil fry off the squid for 2 min. Mix it with the rice qnd serve with some Parmesan and parsley.




No comments:

Post a Comment